Sunday 16 December 2012

Vintage Shopping at Fitzroy Markets + Haul

There's something a little bit magical about going to a market and finding yourself a special little treasure. So with that in mind, yesterday two of my girls, Tally, Alex and I headed over to Fitzroy Market, in hope that we would find something lovely for ourselves! 

Held on the third Saturday of every month, the Fitzroy Markets at Fitzroy Primary School, Melbourne, is a heartwarming little mecca of vintage, secondhand and handmade goodies.

There's live music, yummy food stalls, and the best part is that most of the things on sale are under $50. I only spent $30 the entire time we were there, and I came away with a pretty good little bundle of things!

For more deets on shopping and selling, you can visit their website here. My friends and I are thinking of holding a stall in February, so if you're in Melbourne, I'll keep you posted because I would love to meet you! Plus a closet is always nicer after a clean out...

Snaps from the sunny Saturday...




How cute is the handmade clay jewellery at the Simpli Me stall (above)?! Super colourful and reminiscent of childhood, the Simpli Mi stand got all three of us excited! I couldn't help but fall in love with the geometric earrings, and you'll see which pair I bought in the haul section of the post :)

 Simpli Mi also have a gorgeous range of clothes, so if you get the chance, pop down to Shop 5, 501 Toorak Road, Toorak, for more Simpli Mi goodies, or visit their website here.




Alex being adorable in old lady specs
I was hoping and hoping that these super pretty purple galaxy glitter (so much alliteration haha) flats were my size, and I died a little inside when they were too big :(
The icypoles at Picket Fence Pops = AMAZING! 
I chose Kiwifruit and Cherry - it was bliss on a stick!
Getting some shut eye...
The Hello You Bakery stall had the most gorgeously delicious baked goodies! I had a little chat with the stall owner, who told me that after her boyfriend had to limit his diet for health reasons, she made it her mission to bake sweet treats that he could eat! Is that not adorable or what!

Hello You Bakery also has a Facebook page where you can order cupcakes, brownies, cakes and donuts, and you can request your order be vegan, non-vegan, gluten free or nut free - so now no one needs to forgo their sweet tooth!

I LOVE gingerbread, so I'm having food envy and wishing I had bought this flavour too!

I chose Vegan Cookies and Cream and it was SO GOOD! I'm not vegan, but it tasted just as good!
My gorgeous Tally <3
Ally in her new shorts, and Tally in her new dress! Both super cheap I might add!
My pretty little market buys that were pre-loved and now,
 to be loved (by me!)

I got this hat for only $2, which I was so happy about! As soon as I bought it, I wore it for the rest of the day because I felt just like Madeline (did anyone else ever see that cartoon as a kid? With Pepito?).


How adorable is this playsuit! I normally don't wear orange or purple clothes, but I love this! It has a sweet little Peter Pan collar, an open back and ties along my shoulder blades, which is so nice for summer. Plus it fits me perfectly, and how often does that happen with market buys??

I'll take better photos or maybe do an OOTD soon :)


This dress reminds me of the ocean, and what luck, it was my size too! It's cut like a garden party dress, and I feel like eating macaroons and drinking tea on a balcony when I put it on :)

I belted it here for some extra prettiness. Just realised I'm wearing thongs/flip flops here, haha whoops!
And these were the earrings that I ended up getting at the Simpli Mi stall! They remind me of crystals made out of cookies and cream ice-cream... galactically delicious haha

Have you ever hosted your own market stall? Do you have any tips? Let me know in the comments below!
Share:

10 comments

  1. Jess you are the cutest! LOVE this post so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day. And your look was so cute, even better with the hat! :)

    Hope you'll drop by x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so pleased with that purchase :) x

      Delete
  3. I like that romper, so pretty :)

    xoxo,
    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earrings. Sounds like the perfect girls day out :) xA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun! If I ever go to Melbourne ( which could happen soon) I'll stop by!
    I absolutely love the hat! So much like Madeline (I loved that book when I was a kid)!
    Bisous de Claudine,
    http://www.myclaudine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING HAUL!!!!! ahh that hat is so chic and the playsuit and dress are perfect and so high fashion
    xo
    Olivia
    http://www.wanderlust-and-such.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! Your hat is lovely!

    www.fashionindahat.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig