Monday 9 February 2015

REVIEW: Bioderma Sensibio VS Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

This fairly new player in the beauty industry is making waves, and not just because it's a water product (ha ha ha). 

If you've yet to jump on this beauty bandwagon, Cleansing Waters are a makeup remover and toner all in one. To use, all you do is dampen a cotton pad and swipe it all over your face, effectively removing any makeup or leftover oils or dirt on the skin. Plus, it also both cleanses and tones your skin, without any need to rinse it off afterwards.

Sounds pretty genius, right?


From my experience, French brand Bioderma was the first to release a Micellar Cleansing Water product and it's one that I've been using for a good year now. But it's quite pricey (think around $30 for a medium-sized bottle!) so when Garnier released their own wallet-friendly version, I was keen to compare the two.


So let's start off with the basics...


Price
At Priceline, a 250ml bottle of Bioderma Sensibio is super expensive at $29.99, while you can get a 400ml bottle of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for $11.99. However you can also buy Bioderma in small 100ml and value-sized 500ml bottles for $19.99 and $39.99 respectively, while the Garnier only comes in one size.
Winner: Garnier

Packaging
The bottle opening on the Garnier is flat - imagine a hole in the middle of a circle - so when you try to pour it, it tends to spill, wasting product. In the past I have had the lids of the Bioderma bottles snap off, but the fact that you can get three different sizes of the Bioderma (I love the 100ml for travelling) more than makes up for it.
Winner: Bioderma

Variety
Garnier only offers one product, which is a do-it-all product. But I like that the Bioderma range has three different types formulated for skin type. In this review we're looking at the Sensibio variety, which is made for sensitive skin like mine.
Winner: Bioderma

Availability
Bioderma is only available at Priceline and selected chemists, while you can find the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water at pretty much any Garnier stockist, including supermarkets. It's definitely more easy to access!
Winner: Garnier

Now that's we've covered the basics, let's compare how effective they both are. Below you can see I've got on a full face of makeup, complete with a cream shadow-based smoky eye including liquid liner and mascara, and a strong matte lip. This look would be a task to take off for any makeup remover!



For this comparative review, I'm going to remove half a face of makeup with Bioderma, and remove the other half with the Garnier. That way we can directly compare the two. So let's get removing! 


Eye Makeup


Side by side, it's pretty obvious that the Bioderma did a better job at removing my eye makeup. The Garnier did well taking off my mascara (which by the way, is a tubing mascara) as you can see from the cotton pad, but it left a lot of my liquid eyeliner on, as well as mascara flakes on my skin. The Bioderma left no makeup behind! It's worth mentioning however that even though I wore contact lenses for this review, neither of the two cleansing waters irritated my eyes, which was great!


Liquid Lipstick


For this review I wore the most pigmented, long-lasting lipstick I own - Lime Crime's Velvetine in Red Velvet. This stuff stays put! Both cleansing waters still left some product on my lips, so it looked like my lips were stained red, but both managed to remove the bulk of the Velvetine. However the Garnier took a lot of hard 'wiping' to get the lipstick off, as you can see on the cotton pad! The Bioderma managed to remove its side in one swipe.


Face Makeup


Both products took three cotton pads-worth of applications to fully remove all traces of my makeup, but as you can tell from the image below, I really had to wipe hard on my skin when using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. A motion that isn't really great for your skin in the long run! 


But as you can see below, both cleansing waters still did a good job at removing my makeup and cleansing my skin. Neither irritated my skin or left it red, and my face felt refreshed, tightened and smooth on both sides.


And the winner is...


Bioderma Sensibio!
While the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is great if you're on a budget, it still doesn't quite measure up to Bioderma's Sensibio. Bioderma is gentle, has no scent, leaves my skin clean from makeup and it doesn't dry out my sensitive skin. If I have a late night and don't have time to do a full skincare routine, just removing my makeup with this is enough as it simultaneously tones while it cleanses. Even though it's pretty exxy, the medium size bottle lasts me around two-three months and you can sometimes catch the whole range on sale at Priceline for 40% off.


So which team are you on? Bioderma or Garnier? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

31 comments

  1. They both did a great job but the Bioderma seems like the best bet!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title of this post I actually said "yay!" out loud! Haha, I had been waiting for someone to do a post like this, so thank you! I really want to get my hands on the Bioderma, since I can't get either that one or the Garnier version here. I'd rather go all out and get the Bioderma and know it's the better of the two! :)

    Katie | katiavagyok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very Informative Post..... I Like this Post.... Thanks for Sharing this Informative Post with us.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great review withgreat pictures which prove really good insight to the differences.

    In terms of texture do both feel the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great review withgreat pictures which prove really good insight to the differences.

    In terms of texture do both feel the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review! I have used the garnier one but I will love to try sensibio too :)

    Here I am posting some of my favorite Makeup Product Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definitely try castor oil !
    That works so well with removing makeup even waterproof mascara, plus its all natural. I'm cruelty-free and try to use as much all natural things as possible in everything and tbh it works wonders. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recently been using a cleansing oil, but it's around $50 - I should definitely give castor oil a try, I'd bet it's much more affordable haha!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for such Informative review. Hi Jes, Could you please make a review between Bioderma and Corine de Farma? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bioderma seems to work much better that the other.. Will be trying it out soon. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have very dry sensitive skin with eczema and Bioderma - Sensibio H2O does not irritate my skin or cause any reaction.
    The one product I buy over and over, this is a staple for me and I use it everyday, even as a cleanser in the morning, works just as well and doesn't dry out my skin.
    10/10 for beauty product.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Skin pigmentation disorders affect both the color and texture of the skin. The skin gets its color from a pigment called melanin produced by melanocytes cells. When these cells become damaged due to injury or excessive sun exposure, it affects the melanin production level, and too much melanin production can lead to hyperpigmented skin. Best Dermatologist in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waooww I appreciate and am impressed by your hard work, So much information to share with everyone. Thank You for letting us share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for amazing review of both products both did a great job but i personally like women winter hoodies dress online in pakistan
    Hair growth shampoo in pakistan with price bioderma as it is fast acting to remove eyeliner and other stuff

    ReplyDelete
  14. This Article is very Informational.
    Pvc strip curtain

    ReplyDelete

  15. The title suggests a comparison between Bioderma Sensibio and Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, indicating a monobenzone cream 20 discussion about these two skincare products. However, the mention of "other skin cream" is a bit vague. If you're referring to another skincare cream or product, please provide more details so that I can offer a more specific comment or comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you tired of dull and lifeless skin? Look no further than the "best face scrub for glowing skin." This best face scrub for glowing skin has become my go-to solution for achieving that radiant complexion. It gently exfoliates and enhances your skin's natural glow. Don't miss out on the magic of the best face scrub for glowing skin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's important to note that rare diseases cover a wide range of medical conditions that can affect different vorwarts pharma organs and systems in the body. If you suspect a rare disease or are experiencing unusual skin symptoms, it is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional for proper evaluation and diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This detan face pack has been a great addition to my weekly skincare regimen. The difference it makes in evening out my skin tone and reducing dark spots is phenomenal. It's comforting to know that I'm using a product that not only cares for my skin's immediate needs but also contributes to its long-term health.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig