So, you’ve finally convinced your man to get some new threads. Thanks to a six-pack or the promise of something slinky later, you’ve got him to the shops. But stop the celebrations; he’s found something and saying it’s awesome. When actually, it’s quite the opposite.
Now if your beau isn’t particularly fashion-savvy, this will sound familiar.**
You’ll fall into dragon-lady territory if you say you hate it; he’s already shopping against his will, so don’t scare him away after all your hard work. Instead here are 10 easy steps to put it back on the rack:
1. Smile gently. Remember, this is why we normally buy their clothes.
2. Find something easy-on-the-eye. “This one’s nice.”
3. Smile again.
4. “But I like this one,” he says.
5. Resist snatching it out of his hands/throwing it away/burning it.
6. Steer him toward the change-rooms, hoping it doesn’t fit. And that it’s the only one left.
7. It fits. Great.
8. “Babe, I don’t think it’s you,” you should say.
9. If this doesn’t work, pull out the gay card. This is almost foolproof.
10. He’s at the counter. You’ve lost.
Look at the bright side; you still adore him, bad clothes aside. Besides, girls don’t love presents for the wrapping now do they?