Sunday 20 May 2018

The Countryside That Inspired My Neighbour Totoro 🌱 // Solo Travel Japan


If you're a Studio Ghibli fan... you NEED to go here! 🌱

Because I'm travelling solo in Japan, I wanted to do something a bit different, so I decided to join an Airbnb Experience tour! 

I spent the day hiking through Tokorozawa in Saitama, which is the country town and forest area that inspired Hayao Miyazaki (i.e. the KING of Studio Ghibli!) to make the famous film, My Neighbour Totoro - which is one of my all time favourites! 

The guided walking tour included hiking through the 'Totoro Forest' (literally), visiting Korosuke's House - which the house in My Neighbour Totoro was modelled after! - and sampling the best green tea I've ever tasted at a traditional Japanese tea plantation. 🍵 

It was a total dream, and if you have a day spare in Tokyo and want to experience the countryside, Tokorozawa is a one hour trip from the city and WELL WORTH the visit!

Watch the video below:




Share:

1 comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig