Monday, 6 February 2017

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

Arguably thanks to Kylie Jenner, plump, pouty lips are definitely in right now. All the better to kiss you with...?

#LittleRedRidingHoodReference

Personally I don't mind a defined, full lip look, and usually achieve it with a sneaky swipe of lip liner, but I couldn't resist trying out some of the plumping glosses out in the market to see if they made a difference.

And if you're like me and haven't worn a plumping gloss since middle school when they were the IT *tHiNg* to have in your locker, they've definitely had an upgrade since my lunch box days.

Two of the most popular ones out there are the Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme and the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL, so I decided to compare these two cult favourites to see which one came out on top!

Getting my lips all stinging and swollen for the sake of research? Let's do this!

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme

This plumping gloss has been all over Instagram and YouTube lately, and since its release, it's quickly catapulted to cult status. It's pretty exxy for a lipgloss at $40 (especially for someone who doesn't typically wear gloss) from Mecca, but the promise of a plump pout was too good to pass on! And with a name like Lip Injection EXTREME - I. Am. THERE.

Housed in the typically adorable packaging I've come to expect from Too Faced, this gloss has a duo chrome violet and blue shimmer to it. It's definitely a clear gloss though, but part of me actually wishes that the glittery goodness showed up on the lips!

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

The Lip Injection Extreme comes with a pretty large, flat 'doe foot' applicator, which makes it really easy to apply the gloss evenly and most importantly, accurately - plumping glosses typically sting, and if you apply it to your skin rather than to your lips, it burns!

Once applied to the lips, it really does start to sting! It doesn't hurt though - the feeling is pretty close to getting 'pins and needles'. It's like a... fizzy sensation? It lasts around 20 minutes or so, then starts to chill out.

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL

The Sexy Mother Pucker (um, A+ in the hilarious name department!) has been around for a while now, but I feel like it's also flown under the radar a bit as Soap & Glory isn't as well known as a brand in Australia. But at Mecca, this gloss is less than HALF the price of the Lip Injection Extreme, at only $15, so if you're looking for a more affordable plumper, this is your jam!
REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

This gloss has a slanted applicator, and you literally just squeeze the tube and apply it directly to your lips. I'm not a huge fan of applicators like this, as it's harder to put them on precisely - maybe it's just me, but I always makes a bit of  a mess with these!

The Sexy Mother Pucker XL does sting a bit more than the Lip Injection Extreme, and its definitely more challenging to put on - I feel like the tip is too big and wide, and it's easier to go outside my lip line, which I have done, and it hurts a bit. But it definitely plumps the lips, you just have to be patient putting it on!

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

Let's compare!

The Sexy Mother Pucker did plump up my lips more than the Lip Injection Extreme. My top lip is pretty similar in size, but my bottom lip is definitely a bit larger after using the Sexy Mother Pucker.

However, my lips look more symmetrical and natural after using the Lip Injection Extreme, while the Sexy Mother Pucker version kind of made my lips uneven! So even though the Too Faced gloss is considerably more expensive, I do prefer it 100%, because I don't want my lips to look visibly different, just enhanced, which is what the Lip Injection Extreme achieved.

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

And the winner is...

The Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme! It really does what it sets out to do, and my lips look fuller, even and glossy! I'm not sure about it's claims to make my lips bigger over time (like, really?), but as a short term plumper than I can apply, wipe away once it takes effect, and put a lipstick on top of, this is the clear winner for me.

REVIEW: Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme VS Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses

Have you tried a plumping lip gloss before? Let me know your experience in the comments below!


SaveSave
Share:

6 comments

  1. I haven't tried a plumping gloss since the Sally Hansen one from yester-year and it stung so much!! haha But I am intrigued by the Too Faced one! But at $40 it would want to give me the best damn lips!!

    Mel xx || Loads of Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha right?? Since school days when plumping glosses were the IT thing! I have since found out that there is a mini sized one of the TooFaced Lip Injection Extreme that you can buy in the travel section of Mecca, that's only $18! Definitely pick that up if you want to try it out :) xx

      Delete
  2. Be charming and grin a considerable measure. Try not to speak down about anything. http://www.mdcote.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. SUNDERLAND LIP FILLERS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. SUNDERLAND LIP FILLERS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try both of them since both seems pretty good and your review really convinced me I've been asking lot of bloggers about the lip injection and they din't satisfy me with their opinion so yeah I'm looking forward to try both of them!

    Michelle| www.brokebutflawless.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig