Tuesday 7 June 2016

REVIEW: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Rose Gold

When this darling little highlighter landed on my desk, I almost couldn't contain myself! Thanks to Jaclyn Hill, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed Powders have hit cult status in a crazy short amount of time, and I have been dying to give one a try.

And beauties, THE. HYPE. IS. WORTH. IT.

I've got my hands on the Rose Gold shade, and just look at the glimmering goodness inside of that compact! These illuminating powders are high-impact highlighters that give you a gorgeous, soft-lit glow to your makeup, without the crazy glitter factor.

Intrigued? Read on!

Let's chat packaging. Carefully housed in a sleek and sturdy compact, these Pressed Powders are well-protected. If you've ever dropped a powder-based product and watched it shatter, then you'll understand how important a good case can be!

After popping open the top, there's also a mirror on the base of the lid for touch ups. As for the powder inside, it's embossed with a geometric pattern, which kind of makes it look like a crystal. Cool, right?! I almost don't want to use it for fear of ruining it!


I have the shade Rose Gold (on trend, much!) which is a gorgeous, warm golden shade with almost a coppery tone to it. It's definitely on the warmer side of the spectrum, so it's stunning on skin tones that are medium to olive. If you have a lighter or darker complexion, don't worry because there are three more varying shades available on Activeskin's website!


The pigmentation is spot on as well - you really don't need much to get that strong highlight that is so popular right now! As you can see from the swatch below, the Shimming Skin Perfecter Pressed in Rose Gold goes on evenly and consistently. Plus, it blends beautifully, so you don't need to worry about having that tell-tale highlighter 'stripe' along your cheeks!


Time to get this beauty on my face! Here I've applied it along my cheek bones, underneath my brow and as my eyeshadow colour! It definitely shows up more on my cheeks than on my eyes, but it does add a bit of subtle dimension for an everyday eye look.


The glow the Rose Gold  Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed Powder creates is so soft and natural, and absolutely gorgeous. As it is a darker highlighter, it could even be used as an illuminating blush for a glowing flush to the complexion.


You can get the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed Powders from Activeskin, for AUD$49.28*, which is $10.72 cheaper than what you'll pay at Sephora! Usually these beauties retail for $60, but if you're quick, you'll be able to save by going to Activeskin!



Thank you to Activeskin for sending me this beauty for review! All words and thoughts expressed in this post are honest and my own.

Have you tried the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecters? Let me know in the comments below!



*Prices correct at time of publishing.
Share:

5 comments

  1. Ooooohhh my haha! This looks so niceeee. I'm not sure if I need another Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector though ;P x

    Katina Lindaa | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can you get these in Canada??

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can you get these in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of Becca highlighters. They are so good in quality, so well pigmented and so looks so good on me. Really good and long lasting. I bought this one after doing my makeup lessons for pro artists by expert Lina, I am trying out new makeup items to improve my knowledge and skills. Lina is really good and best in my town.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig