Sunday 20 March 2016

REVIEW: Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in 'Scream Queen' & #MECCAxSMASHBOX

You know that thing you never knew you wanted until you discovered it exists? A lipstick with your name engraved on it? Yeah, for me that was one of them.

Yes, I know you can just get this done at your local key cutter, but everything is just more fun at Mecca, right? And Mecca Maxima in Melbourne Central and Chadstone both had one day only in store events where with any purchase of the new re-released Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks, you could have your name engraved on it for free. Um, YES PLEASE.

Imagine the gifting possibilities! 36 shades were released in total and that's a LOT of colours to choose from to get my name etched onto. Just look at those shades below! The pigmentation of these is incredible and there's both matte and satin finishes to pick from. 


In the end I went with Scream Queen, which is a deep, blue-based red. I really should buy some more natural shades, instead of continuing to buy statement lipsticks... But then again, where's the fun in that? If I'm getting my name on a lipstick, it's going to be a bad ass bold one!
  

The formula for Scream Queen is matte and it's lovely and creamy to apply. It's actually hydrating too, which is really uncommon for matte lipsticks! As you can see, Scream Queen goes on sheer at first and can be built up into a stronger colour. And for those days where I don't want to wear a bold lip, a soft wash of this plum hue will look gorgeous, especially coming into the winter months.


The Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks are available at Mecca Maxima for $32 and I already know I'll be back to get the shade Punked. It's an awesome grey (yup, GREY not greige!), which will probably scare people away but you know, such is the makeup life.

And because photo booths are the best, here are some silly snaps of my bestie and I at Mecca Maxima's event being cheeky little makeup monkeys.


If you could have your name engraved on any lipstick, what brand and shade would you choose?


Share:

5 comments

  1. This is so awesome! I totally would've bought one of those lipsticks to get my name engraved on it - great marketing haha! ;P Good to hear that the formula is awesome too, that is a killer shade!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good explain to Smashbox Lipstik by Post.
    Comment by Guri Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Explanation of the Product.Will Surely Look forward to buy it.
    Harbhajan / Vitamin C Serum

    ReplyDelete
  4. cambridge English Academy provides you the Best IELTS Coaching In India in which you get experience and highly educated teachers teach you and you get courses with a valuable and affordable price so that you can secure your future

    Visit or Call for Demo
    Website = https://www.cambridgeenglish.org.in
    Call = 9667728146"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig