Tuesday 1 March 2016

REVIEW: Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian

There's nothing that makes me as mad as when I look into the mirror after a day at work and I spot dry patches on my cheeks (gross, I know!) cracking through my makeup. Like, can you not?!

Flaky, patchy skin isn't cute and if I could have it my way, I'd have pearl smooth skin all the time. But the skincare gods decided they would give me combination skin and leave me forever trying to work out the right cleansing routine for my complexion. THANKS.

Enter Cleansing Milk. Somewhere between a cream cleanser and a moisturiser, cleansing milks are gentle enough to keep your skin plushly soft, while still removing makeup and oil. Oily T-zone and dry cheeked beauties, rejoice!

In particular, I've been really liking the Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian. It's formulated for combination / oily skin, so my face is pretty happy. As you can see, it's a white, thin cream (it really is more like milk or a yoghurt consistency) and it's very gentle on the skin.


I typically use this Clarins Cleansing Milk in the shower at night, massaging about a pea-sized amount around my face and slightly down my neck. It doesn't lather, but it leaves a slight film on the skin, which adds some hydration while still removing anything left over from taking off my makeup. On days where I've forgotten to restock my makeup remover, I'll actually use this all over my face, gently rubbing it in until my makeup breaks down, then just using a tissue to wipe it all away.


It's definitely more of a hydrating cleanser than anything, so you'll need to add an exfoliator to your routine if you prefer a deeper clean. But you can even use this Cleansing Milk as a mask - just apply to your face and leave on for 5 minutes, then gently tissue off! It'll give you a light cleanse, without drying out your skin. 



You can grab the Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian for $44 from ACTIVESKIN, an awesome Aussie beauty retailer that stock tonnes of your favourite high end skincare brands, as well as a few newbies.

Have you tried a Cleansing Milk before? Let me know your experience!

Share:

1 comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig