Monday 5 October 2015

My MAC Lipstick Collection and Swatches

When you haven't bought a lipstick that isn't MAC for the past three months, you know you're onto a good thing.

After picking up my first MAC lippy a little under a year ago (I know, total newbie!), I've quickly become obsessed, and now own a cute little collection of five shades that are on high rotation.


Look at that lil lipstick family! Want to get to know them? Read on!


Faux - Satin

Faux was my very first MAC lipstick, so it holds a place in my heart even though it now takes a back seat when it comes to choosing what colour to wear. I used to toss and turn about the price of MAC lipsticks and whether they were worth the steep $36 price tag, so when I saw they were only $29 in the duty-free section of the airport on my way to Japan, I had to pick it up! This grey-toned pink is a great everyday nude for those with a cool undertone, and it's super opaque and creamy to wear.


Brave - Satin

Before you say anything, yes, Faux and Brave do look almost identical! But as any makeup addict will tell you, a slight difference in colour is all we need to convince us that we need both (#yolo)! Brave is a soft, warm pink, which is my no-fuss, 'my lips but better' colour - you can pretty much slap Brave on without a mirror and it will always look gorgeous. If you've never owned a MAC lipstick, Brave is the perfect one to start your collection with.


Twig - Satin

Ah Twig. Along with the infamous Velvet Teddy, Twig is one of those shades that was sold out for months after Kylie Jenner put the colour in headlines across the world with those lips of hers! I only just managed to get my hands on this recently - and it was the only one left in stock at my local MAC! - and it really is as gorgeous as everyone says it is. This brick nude is more mature, and is my go-to work colour because it adds an extra hint of professionalism to my office makeup. It's soooo creamy, and extremely long lasting. I put this on before breakfast and it's still on by my 3pm choccie run. If that's not a good lipstick...


Craving - Amplified Creme

Want to add a bit of colour to your makeup look but don't want something too loud or over the top? Craving is a gorgeous plum pink that's subtle enough to wear during the day, but still suitable for a night time look. It's crazy creamy on the lips, so you do have to spend a little extra time in front of the mirror applying it correctly as it has the tendency to smudge outside the lines, but it's extremely pigmented and great for dressing up a natural makeup look.


M.A.C Red - Satin

I have been dying to add a red lipstick from MAC to my collection for the longest time, and when I spent my last MAC visit swatching about a dozen reds a couple of weeks ago, I fell in love with this bright scarlet shade. I love that it has a pink undertone, so it looks really juicy and glamorous on the lips. Plus, unlike other famous MAC reds like Ruby Woo or Russian Red, M.A.C Red is a satin finish, so it's very easy and comfortable to wear, and pretty moisturising too!


Lip Swatches




What's your favourite MAC lipstick? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

12 comments

  1. Your collection looks awesome! It's great that most of your lipsticks are on high rotation so you're getting the bang out of your bucks! I don't have that many MAC lipsticks but Fanfare is on my current wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twig looks like such a nice shade, I think I'll keep it in mind the next time I do a back to mac. My current favourite mac lipstick is Shy Girl, the weather is heating up and I'm loving wearing a peachy lipstick.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, a lot of similar shades there ;) Faux and Brave look gorgeous. I really want to pick up more neutral MAC lipsticks that I can wear on the daily!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I do love a good MAC lipstick post ! My favourites in my collection are Brave, Mehr, Flat Out Fabulous and D is for Danger!

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colours to have in your collection, thanks for sharing!

    lisa | lisaxbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Brave too. And I love Angel, Please Me, Rebel, and Impassioned too.. You should check it out the next time you go shopping.. ^^

    I think I will try that Faux and Twig. Love it!!

    cyndheedora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great share! Even I have some awesome collection of matte lipstick shades online at Majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great share! Even I have some awesome collection of matte lipstick shades online at Majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice collectionyou have. I would like to recommend this to my friends. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glamorous and enticing sweets boxe When you start searching for the right kind of packaging for specific products, you are given numerous options to choose from. The importance of the product packaging is same as the product itself. Custom Sweets Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig