Monday 15 June 2015

REVIEW: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer

If only I had this concealer when I was a red-cheeked teenager!

The Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer is just as its name suggests – it’s creamy, high coverage and blends seamlessly to a natural finish, so it really does look like you’re not even wearing makeup!




The Naked Skin Concealer was only recently released to Australia via Mecca Maxima and it has quickly overtaken every other concealer that I have ever tried. It’s very similar to my previous favourite - the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - in consistency and coverage, but it blends and wears so well that it really is on another level. Plus, it is infused with peptides, so while it works to cover up anything you want to conceal, it’s also going to help your skin look better on the long term. Win-win!


Speaking of the Fit Me, the applicator of the Naked Skin is quite similar. Just one dip of the sponge-tip applicator picks up enough product for an entire face’s worth of concealer (a typical use, which would involve hiding dark circles, redness and blemishes). 


So let’s take a look at it in action! I use the shade MED-LIGHT NEUTRAL, which is neither pink or yellow-based, which is great for balancing out my skin tone as I’m a mix of both (thanks to my Australian and Chinese mix!). As you can see from the swatches below, the Naked Skin is extremely smooth and blends out to almost nothing, while still providing great coverage.


The Naked Skin really is true to its name – maybe I’m just crazy lucky with the shade, but when I apply it onto my skin, it’s such a close colour match that I can barely see it!


When I wear concealer, I typically apply it to three areas – my cheeks, underneath my eyes and to any blemishes I may have. Below I’ve applied it to each of these three spots, so let’s compare the before and afters.

Cheeks

After applying just a small swipe of the Naked Skin Concealer to each cheek, I just use my fingertips to blend out in a circular motion before patting it in to create that seamless finish. My cheeks can be a little uneven in tone and look slightly pink, but once using this concealer, you can see the difference it’s made! #cheeky


Dark Circles

Ah, those pesky under eye bags! But after applying the Naked Skin Concealer in a V shape under my eyes and blending with the fingertip of my ring finger, they suddenly look so much brighter. Not much sleep? No problem! I will say that this concealer does tend to crease slightly in this area, so I suggest setting it with a light powder if you are prone to a little crease action. 


Blemishes

I can’t believe I’m posting a photo of a zit on the internet, but that’s beauty writer dedication! On the left, you can see I have a blemish just above my lip (and yes, I may have done a sneaky squeeze! Haven’t we all?). I just applied a small amount of the Naked Skin – you don’t need much! – and lightly patted it in using my fingertip. It is nowhere near as obvious! Oh what my middle school self would have done to get their hands on this concealer…


So here’s a quick comparison. On the left I have only done my normal foundation routine and on the right is after I’ve applied the Naked Skin Concealer as above.  


SAY WHAT. My skin looks so much more even in tone, and the finish of my makeup is very natural. Plus, thanks to the highlighting properties in this baby, my complexion is looking extra dewy and fresh! Second skin, much?

For $36 at Mecca Maxima it’s a little more on the pricey side, but you really do get a lot of bang for your buck. Each bottle comes with 5ml and it really takes you ages to get through. I’ve been using mine everyday for the past month (I know a product is good when I can’t bring myself to use anything else!) and it still looks like I haven’t used it at all. 

If you’re looking for a new concealer, I really, REALLY recommend this one. Cue cheesy endorsement-style photo below. But really. REALLY.


Have you tried the Naked Skin Concealer? Let me know your thoughts below!

Share:

5 comments

  1. This has become a staple for me too!! I use it everyday!! It really is like second skin!! Definitely in HG status I think!! x
    Mel | Loads of Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh it looks so nice! I love how it has reasonable coverage and still manages to look and feel natural! Might pick this up after my Nars Creamy Concealer runs out. Nars CC is now $40 which makes UD Naked skin concealer seem more like a bargain :)

    sayyip.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using my Nars Creamy Concealer consistently every since I bought it. This is on my list to try next. I've heard a couple of other bloggers rave about it too, including Lily Pebbles xx

    It's That Time For ... A Bioderma Dupe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing so many raves about this concealer! I have a couple of concealers on the go (Maybelline Fit Me and NARS creamy concealer), so once I finish one of those, I'll definitely pick this up!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks amazing!! I've been looking for a new concealer next time I'm at mecca.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig