Monday 6 April 2015

REVIEW: NYX Wicked Lippie in 'Betrayal'

PURPLE. LIPSTICK.

It's not as confronting and scary as it sounds, I promise! (Even though I put it in capital letters...)

A deep, enchanting violet lipstick is a must-have in any beauty collection for when you're feeling a little dark and daring - and NYX's new Wicked Lippies range of crazy colours did not disappoint with this stunning shade.


Boasting a wide range of metallic lipsticks (from cobalt blue to pale gold!), the Wicked Lippie collection is definitely not for the fainthearted, but the shades sure are a lot of fun.

I picked up the colour Betrayal at my local Target, which is a deep almost-black purple that has shimmering blue micro-glitters scattered throughout. AND GUYS, THIS IS GORGEOUS.


With just one layer, Betrayal can apply a little unevenly, but with a second coat it becomes fully opaque and super bold. The micro glitters are a little hard to see in the swatches, but on the lips they really give your pout a beautiful glimmering sheen. 


See what I mean? Betrayal has a stunning gleam to it, but it's not so overpowering that it makes the shade unwearable. On the contrary, while it's a bold colour for sure, it's actually quite flattering and easy to wear!

It feels extremely smooth and comfortable on the lips, which completely surprised me because I'm not a huge fan of the NYX Butter Lipsticks. But this baby is creamy and glossy! 


There's no need to worry about it wearing patchy or unevenly over time either. Instead, it leaves a really pretty magenta pink stain behind that is actually quite lovely on its own!


I'm really excited to try more from the range, especially Risque (a green that looks like an exact colour dupe for Lime Crime's Serpentina) and Cold Hearted (a metallic black). While they're not everyday colours, there's just something that I really love about them!

And even though Betrayal is a really standout shade, I can actually see myself wearing this a lot in the colder winter months. Paired with minimal eye makeup and an all-black outfit? Heck yes!


The NYX Wicked Lippies are available at most Targets for $12.95. I'd be quick too - there weren't that many left at my local store!


What's the most outrageous lipstick that you own? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig