Monday 4 August 2014

REVIEW: Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz

Want that 'no makeup' makeup look? I've been asked by a few different people how my skin and makeup seems so 'luminous' and glowing in my photos and I can give pretty much all of the credit to this product (though awesome natural lighting does help!).


A cult favourite, the Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz is a setting spray that helps to keep your makeup in place and hydrate your skin. It can be used both before and after you apply your makeup (though I really only use it afterwards) and during the day (or night!) to refresh your face.



I used to have oily skin as a teenager, but for the past year, I've somehow switched over into dry/combination territory. So after a day's worth of makeup wear, my skin can begin to look dry and slightly patchy in areas (not cute!).

But you can't exactly put more moisturiser on top of your makeup, so this has been the next best thing for keeping my makeup fresh and in place all day, while keeping my skin happy and hydrated.

I find that some setting powders and powder foundations can tend to look 'chalky' or heavy on the skin, which can cause the product to settle into fine lines and make dry areas more noticeable. Powder products tend to sit on top of the skin, so they often look more obvious that liquid or cream products. To combat this, using a setting spray in the place of (or simply on top of) your setting powder will help to keep your makeup on all day, while still looking natural.

Here's what my skin looked like before I used the setting spray. I've got my usual, everyday makeup look on (primer, liquid foundation, concealer, highlighting powder, blush, eye makeup, etc.).



Click on the photo to see an enlarged version, but basically my setting powder is not difficult to spot on the skin.

Sooooo I tend to spritz on a few sprays of the Make-Up Finishing Spritz onto my face after I've completed my makeup and it feels super refreshing and instantly makes my skin look more, well, like skin! It basically helps to make makeup look more natural and wear better during the day.

So here is after I've lightly misted my skin a few times with the Make-Up Finishing Spritz...



It's subtle, but can you see how in the first photo set my makeup looked slightly more 'muddy', whereas in the second set my skin seems more luminous and appear less powdery?

Here's a better close up - you can see how my skin appears to 'glow' and look plumper and healthier as opposed to before I used the spray. It almost does the job of a highlighter! And can you tell that I'm wearing powder underneath? I can't!



I do think that I still need to use a setting powder and the spray as I don't think it's strong enough to hold my makeup all day, so I mainly use it to refresh my makeup and make it appear more natural (especially on mornings where I'm accidentally a little heavy-handed with the powder brush!).

Just so you can see the longevity of the product, here are some pictures I took about eight hours after I spritzed my skin in the morning. I haven't touched up my makeup at all or re-spritzed my skin since.



The quality of the images aren't fantastic, but you can still see that my makeup looks even (no patches) and the only place where my makeup has begun to wear off is the bridge of my nose (because I wore glasses on this day). Other than that, my makeup looks pretty natural and just as glowing as it did when I first applied the spray.

This bottle has lasted me since the summer time when I bought it and I use it every time I do my makeup. It's even great to use during the day to 'wake up' my makeup and refresh my skin if it's feeling a little lacklustre (thanks winter wind).



It's often sold out when I go looking at the Australis shelves at Priceline or KMart, but you can also grab it online from their website. At all three stockists, it's $14.95. Bargain!

Have you ever used a makeup setting spray before? Let me know in the comments below which one you would recommend, or if you've tried this one before!

Disclaimer: All thoughts expressed in this post are my own and I bought this product with my own money.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig