Monday 5 August 2013

Mini Beauty Haul thanks to Girlfriend Magazine

Hey friends! As many of you may know, I won the Girlfriend Magazine Rimmel Beauty Insider Competition last year where part of the prize is a year's supply of Rimmel London makeup to review for the magazine.

Every month I receive some Rimmel London products before they're released (I'm such a lucky duck, thank you so much!), but when I opened this month's parcel, I was so stunned to see much more than just the Rimmel product I expected to receive!

The lovely ladies at Girlfriend Magazine included a few extra goodies for me as a surprise and it was like beauty Christmas! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now that I've tried them most of them out, I thought I'd do a mini haul post and let you guys know what I think of the products.

P.S: I didn't include the Rimmel product in this post; you'll have to wait until it's released in the next two months or so to see it ;) Hint? It's already available in the UK!




Designer Brands Organic Aloe Leaf Hand & Nail Cream
Thanks to the harsh winter wind, my hands and nails have been super dry lately. And no one likes cracked cuticles. Yuck. So I was pretty stoked to get my hands on (ha) a new hand cream to try. It smells really good and does an alright job at moisturising my skin. It's a bit oily until it soaks in, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's a bit large to put in my bag during the day, so I might make it my "before bed" hand cream so I wake up with soft skin in the morning.

glam manicare express! 3 in 1 nail art pen
You might recognise this from a couple of posts back. I reviewed this little kit in that post, so check it out if you'd like to know what I thought!

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in "French Mani 006 Polka Party"
I've yet to try these babies out, but I've only heard good things about the Sally Hansen nail strips. Thing is, they're single use, so I'm waiting for the right time to use them so I don't waste them haha I've opened up the box and there are three different types of strips, so I'm kind of confused as to how to apply these. Has anyone tried these before? 

Butter London LIPPY in "Jaffa"
When I was in Queensland (see my QLD haul here) I almost bought one of these when I saw it in one of the shops I visited, but decided not to as I figured I don't wear lip gloss that often. Even if I had bought one, I wouldn't have chosen this colour because orange/tangerine lip colours don't generally suit me. So I was really surprised when I tried this on and found myself loving the colour! It's a pastel shade of orange with a pink undertone and is REALLY pigmented for a lip gloss. It's a bit sticky but not annoyingly so and it smells like candy bananas. 

Bloom Lip Gloss in "Cutie Pie"
I've never tried any of the Bloom products but I remember them being really popular among my friends when I was in high school. I actually love this gloss, it's a great everyday deep pink (although not as deep as it looks in the photo) and it's only a little sticky. The smell of it is really nostalgic because it reminds me of lip glosses I used to wear as a teenager (I feel so old writing that haha) and I love that it fits in my wallet so I can reapply it throughout the day.

Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm in "Peach"
I've seen ads for this product all over magazines and websites but hadn't actually gotten around to trying it. When it comes to lip balm and chap sticks, I generally stick to Lucas Papaw Ointment or Maybelline Baby Lips, so I was happy to try something different. It's actually pretty good - Carmex make really good lip balms (the ones I've tried anyway) and I like that this one has a bit of colour to it. Plus the packaging is lovely and streamlined, looking more like a lipstick than a lip balm. Think lip balm for grownups! And it does actually hydrate my lips pretty well. Lately I've been wearing it under my lipstick for an extra moisture hit.

Have you tried any of these products? If you have, what did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

*Disclaimer: All of these products were given to me as a gift from Girlfriend, I wasn't asked to review them or anything, I just wanted to share these new finds with you! All opinions are honest and my own :)
Share:

3 comments

  1. Lovely! The perks of being a beauty insider :)

    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog frequently and I truly thank you for your information. This article has really peaked my interest.
    I will take a note of your site and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I subscribed to your Feed too. 경마

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info a person supply for your guests?
    Is gonna be back ceaselessly in order to check out new posts 경마사이트

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig