Thursday 7 March 2013

Make The Most Of Your Maxi Skirt!

Do you know why they call it a "maxi" skirt in the first place? Not because it's the longest type of skirt you can get or big like a maxi cab, but because it has the most uses out of all the other kinds of skirts, so you get the most out of it!*

*Okay, this may or may not be true, and I may or may not have just made this up. But it's no fib! Every girlladywoman should have a maxi skirt in their closet because you can do SO MUCH with it when it comes to styling your outfits.

So in today's post, I'm going to help you get the most out of your maxi. I'm going to teach you how to transform your maxi skirt into not just one, but FOUR OUTFITS. Wow! I hear you say. Tell me more!


cheeky grainy GIF time
Your humble maxi can be hocus-pocused into a below-the-knee fishtail skirt, a draped high-low midi skirt, a wrapped tube mini skirt, and into a one-shoulder cocktail dress!



And I'm going to show you how.

For all of these outfits, you will need:
1. A maxi skirt, duh. Mine is from Landes Essentials ($39.95)
Buuuuuuuut if you don't have a maxi skirt, a sarong/scarf/large piece of fabric secured around your waist like a skirt will also work too!
2. A long tank top, or a short fitted dress. Mine was a uni-student-budget-friendly one from Supre ($15)
3. That's it. WOW SO EASY!!

In this post, each step will be shown through photos without written instructions. This is mainly because I find this kind of tutorial is best shown using pictures - that, and I had no idea how to articulate each step besides, "twist this piece of material and then tuck in." I hope these tutorials make sense and that you enjoy them :)

Max it Out - Fishtail Skirt


Max it Out - Midi Skirt


Max it Out - Mini Skirt 


Max it Out - Cocktail Dress



Which outfit was your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!
Share:

10 comments

  1. really creative! love all the styles <3
    I guess I have to get a maxi skirt now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demi! I definitely think they are a great piece for anyone :) x

      Delete
  2. Do you minԁ if I quote a сouple of youг posts аs long аs Ӏ proѵide сredit аnd ѕourсeѕ back
    to your blog? My blog sitе іs in the
    ехact ѕamе areа of interest
    аѕ yours аnԁ mу
    uѕerѕ ωould genuinely benefit from a lot of thе
    information you ρrοvide here. Pleаse let me know іf this oκay ωіth you.
    Thanκѕ a lot!

    My ωeb page :: http://freeps3x.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I wеnt to the beaсhfront ωіth my chіldren.

    I founԁ a sеa shеll and gave it to my 4 yeаr old daughter
    and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the ѕhell to her
    ear and screаmed. There wаs а hermіt crab insidе and it pinched her
    eaг. She neveг ωantѕ to go bаck!
    LoL I know this is еntirely off topіc but I haԁ to tell someone!


    Take a look at my ρage ... jump higher faster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! That is the type of information that should be shared around the internet.

    Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this put up upper!

    Come on over and talk over with my web site . Thanks =)

    Also visit my homepage: diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos! And you are sooo creative!
    your blog is great, keep it on!
    xoxo, your new follower
    http://rebelishion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just recently discovered your blog and I LOVE it! Can I ask where those shoes are from, they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here we have a good Taxi services like when to visiting a new city for either fun or even when on a business trip.I am grateful to you for this great content.I am reading your article and its very nice, useful & helpfulAvalon airport Melbourne|Maxi taxi Melbourne quote |Melbourne maxi cab

    ReplyDelete
  8. This maxi skirt you wear is quite wonderful, and I like to wear maxi womens skirts just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to thankyou for sharing such as nice article keep it sharing it will helpful for me.
    maxi & taxi Melbourne airport

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig