Thursday 1 November 2012

Shopping Haul - Sportsgirl, Typo, Equip + more! (November 2012)

Has anyone else seen the Christmas decorations already up in shopping centres? I swear the tinsel and trees have some weird ability to make me want to spend money, because after a day out with my younger brother, I found myself with a big bag of things at the end -_-

Matt and I had a lovely sister-brother day, and we had lunch together and saw Frankenweenie, some predictably bizarre but funny Tim Burton movie. Matt's actually a really good shopping buddy - we stopped by a book store where he picked himself up a novel and was quite happy to sit and read in the man chair while I did my shopping! He's a good kid :)

So, as per usual when I end up spending more money than I anticipated, it's haul time!

Stevie High-Waisted Jeans in "Lilac" - Sportsgirl ($40 on sale)
I love any sort of bottoms that are high-waisted - shorts, jeans, skirts, whatever! For someone with little hips, high-waisted pieces are a favourite of mine. And for Spring, these oh-so pretty pastel purple jeans could not be more perfect! And for $40 down from $80, they were such a steal!

Yellow Printed Skirt - Sportsgirl ($16.95 on sale)
I'm signed up to the Sportsgirl newsletter, so I always get a handy heads up when sales are on, hence the super cheap price of this skirt! I think it was originally $50+ or something (it's not on the website anymore) and again it's high-waisted, so I love it! I don't own any yellow pieces of clothing either, so I thought I'd buy something out of my comfort zone, plus the print is pretty cute for summer.


The print reminds me of beach huts and tropical islands, so it's perfect for summer days!
 The Mail Bag in "Frankie Blue" - Typo ($39.95)
I was SO EXCITED when I saw this in Typo! I have been searching and searching for a satchel/mailbag for such a long time, but I kept finding them in black, orange, brown and pink, when I really wanted a minty blue! So when I saw this, I literally picked it up and took it straight to the counter. I love that it has a matte feel, not a shiny leather look too. Perfect for my laptop and books, this will come in handy when I start back at uni next year.

Beautiful Eyes: The Ultimate Eye Makeup Guide by Rae Morris - Dymocks ($19.99)
I've been wanting to buy a Rae Morris book for a while, but most of them are for older women, so the looks wouldn't work for me. So when I saw this, I was so excited! There are some gorgeous gorgeous eye makeup looks in here that I can't wait to try. They're a bit more editorial-looking, so it'll be fun to put my own spin on them to make the looks a bit more wearable.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chobosky - Beaumaris Books ($19.99)
I think the movie for this is either already out or coming out soon, so I wanted to read the book before I headed out to see it on the silver screen.  I actually thought this book was a classic, old like Jane Austen or something, so when I started reading and realised it was set in a high school, I felt a bit silly! I've read the first chapter, and I'm already enjoying it :)

Pout About It Lipsticks in "Berrylicious" & "Sweet Valentine" - Sportsgirl ($9.95 each)
Yes, yes, I know, I already own about ten of these Pout About It lipsticks! But I just adore them, they're so matte and super long lasting, that I just can't resist buying the new shades when they're released because I know they'll be amazing. I love wearing berry lipsticks but wanted a lighter one that I can wear in the summer, hence the "Berrylicious". "Sweet Valentine" is pretty similar to Sportsgirl's "Fashion Addict", minus the shimmer, so it's great for day time wear, exactly what I wanted!

"Berrylicious" and "Sweet Valentine"
RED Deluxe Edition by Taylor Swift - JB HIFI ($21.99)
I already own all of Taylor Swift's albums, so how could I not buy her new one! It does sound different to her older works -  they're a bit poppier, which I don't mind. Like classic Taylor, there are songs about love, and more songs about love, but that's why we love her :) I have to say that I adore the lyric book photos - Taylor's old school vintage look she's taken on recently suits her so well!

Metal Lace Peter Pan Collar Necklace - Equip ($19.99)
How cute are Peter Pan collars! I already own a few clothing pieces with PP collars, so I love that this necklace can transform any round-necked top into a collared one! Plus the pattern and scalloping detail around the edge is so so pretty. I actually got this for free too because there was a 2-for-1 deal at Equip. 

Mint Green Jewel Necklace - Equip ($22.99)
Is anyone else loving pastel things this season too? It feels like almost every second thing I've bought have been in a pastel shade! Even my nails are pastel purple today! This necklace is so pretty and a bit mature-looking, so I plan on dressing it down with a plain top and letting it do the talking! 

What's your most recent purchase that you're loving at the moment? With Christmas coming up soon, if you have any recommendations for stores (online or in Australia) let me know in the comments below!
Share:

5 comments

  1. I love that satchel you got. You have awesome taste! :)

    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the things that you got... ;D
    Don't forget to stop by my blog
    Hope to hear from you soon
    xoxo
    Ally O

    http://thegirlwithblueglasses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute bag!

    [fashionablyfly.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that satchel! I think I need one.
    km-iamyou.blogspot.com.au
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love any sort of bottoms that are high-waisted - shorts, jeans, skirts, whatever! For someone with little hips, high-waisted pieces are a favourite of mine. And for Spring, these oh-so pretty pastel purple jeans could not be more perfect! And for $40 down from $80, they were such a steal! choker necklace canada , choker necklace australia ,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig